What are y'all playing? ver 2.0

Haha, it always amuses me what little visual glitches pop up when you emulate games.

Gustā€™s games are notably difficult to emulate. Apparently they use weird programming tricks to blend partial sprites together. I own the disc but itā€™s more convenient for me to play the game on my PC with instant boot time and save states.

http://a.psblogstatics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/PixTheCat_gif03.gif

Whoo! Pix the Cat and Dust: An Elysian Tail are both fun. Good month to be a PS+ subscriber.

Dragon Quest II is very similar to the first game. Actually, all Dragon Quest games are basically the same. This time you can recruit two companions and face more than one enemy at the same time.

Overkill and too complex. They killed the series with that. :slight_smile:

No way Das is playing Gran Turismo.

Jesus hell Borderlands 2 is big. I think this will be more time consuming than i thought :weary:

Itā€™s still hella fun tough, but i have to wonder, is there some degree of scaling or is the game just really good at predicting levels?

Scales I think.

Yeah, it seems to do so every time i enter a new area.

I finished Dragon Quest II last night. Not only did they increase the party size from none to three. It also features more complex dungeon design, more spell diversity and quest items you have to attain before you can progress in a fairly open world. The plot, world, and characters are less developed compared to the DQ4-6 trilogy, otherwise itā€™s almost of the same quality. I hope weā€™re getting DQ3 soon.

Still playing Destiny. Started a titan as an alt. Still fun.

Iā€™ve had almost no time to play games for the past 7 weeks. Just some random stuff mostly here and there. We have a week off though and Iā€™m trying to make some progress.

Completed:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Iā€™ve continued with this 2 days ago. It was a very short game. It took around 7 hours to complete the game in its entirety, 8 at most. Thatā€™s too short for an rpg but I honestly enjoyed every minute of it. Itā€™s preferable to have a shorter experience that is more enjoyable and polished. The game not only looked charming, I also liked the soundtrack and the fights were no pushovers :o Itā€™s probably because I did not grind, get the best weapons or buy enough items for the second half.

One thing it didnā€™t do well though, is the story. It was very quick and easily confusing for anyone who didnā€™t watch the movies (I assume the same applies for the books). This could have been done much better.

Currently Playing:

Drawn to Life (4 levels left)
Heroes of Mana (4 story levels left and 5 bonus maps left)
Mario Kart 8 (one 150cc cup left)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Theatrhytm Final Fantasy Curtain Call

Drawn to Life is very decent as mentioned before. Also the fact that it is very relaxing due to its lack of challenge. However this could have been completed a long time ago, thereā€™s a reason for that. Two actually. The game retains the same structure. You always clear levels the same way, rescue villagers, create something for them, story, repeat all of that again. Also the gameplay remains the same, it doesnā€™t offer new elements. This also leads me to the second point, the gameā€™s challenge is exactly the same as the first level. It never gets more challenging. The game is relying mostly on the creative aspect where you have to create your objects. This only affects looks, not gameplay. This also becomes very predictable in certain spots after a while. And so the game becomes repetitive eventually. Itā€™s still good, the villagers have a lot of personality and I love creating stuff. The gameplay itself could have been more creative though.

Itā€™s been ages since I played Heroes of Mana. Yesterday that changed. Iā€™ve gotten S on a story chaper and S on 2 bonus maps. This surprised me as I was expecting to get more frustrated and having to retry levels :stuck_out_tongue: I got reminded again how fun this type of game is and how time moves quickly without noticing with this one. Even when I also got reminded of how stupid the AI can get and how certain design decisions are bad.

For a while there I played nothing but Mario Kart 8 sparingly. Boy, I ended up falling in love real good. 150cc cups got really annoying, the third one in particular. I kept trying that one over and over until mastering the game. The fourth cup went more smoothly, the retro cups have been more easy, as if theyā€™re not 150cc cups. Online tournaments with GameExplain are fun too. While playing MK8, Iā€™ve also been playing MK7 in between whenever there are new streetpass challenges. Mario Kart games are one of the few where I can play them at the same time and not being affected for them being samey. In fact, there are so many subtle changes between MK7&8, itā€™s crazy! I also played Mario Kart Advance (3ds ambassador game) while playing MK7 when it got released.

Playing SSB on the 3ds, I felt like going back to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Itā€™s still good, just getting used to the controls. I only played with this for a bit. It will be a game to return to once in a while.

Been hooked on Magic the Gathering 2015 on my phone. Itā€™s really the perfect way to play.

Maki event is winding down tonight. I have this card already, Iā€™m guessing it gets the MidTrang approval?

If I manage to place in the top 1000, Iā€™ll get this one:

Currently hovering around the required cutoff, need to stay up a few hours to secure my spot.

[quote=ā€œMidnightTrain, post:54, topic:66, full:trueā€]
Been hooked on Magic the Gathering 2015 on my phone. Itā€™s really the perfect way to play.
[/quote]Are you satisfied with the base selection of cards or have you been buying additional booster packs?

Nah, base cards are fine. I dont think Iā€™ll be doing much multiplayer, so I donā€™t need anything special.

Also Iā€™m not into that Tsundere business, Nick. I like my ladies open and honest :3

Iā€™m surprised you picked up on her character trait, but I was talking about her maid costume.

Woo! Itā€™s time for Legend of Grimrock 2.

Front row
Human knight - high armor, heavy weapons
Ratling rogue - high evasion, dual wielding, critical

Back row
Lizardman alchemist - alchemy, firearms
Insectoid wizard - fire magic, water magic

The performance in the game is incredible. Iā€™m running it with everything maxed (AFAIK) and the framerate is locked at 60 with no dips. Another nice feature is that the load times are exceptionally fast.