Random Gaming & News Talk | Can't find the right thread? Use this one instead!

Nvidia ruined my birthday party and I’m stuck in Limbo.

I pre-ordered a PS5 the 17th of September. That wasn’t early enough to get one from the first batch, but I got a message from the retailer that it should arrive in December. Provided that Sony’s delivery estimates are accurate.

I’m also tempted to pick up a new TV that’s larger, supports 4K and HDR.

Edit: I must admit that the higher RRP for games is turning me off the entire thing. I can afford it, but I start reevaluating my priorities when buying Demon’s Souls is about the same price as getting a Kindle.

Aye I pre-ordered a PS5 the same day and the same thing happened to me. I was very lucky that someone on Era reached out and sent me their second pre-order (which as I type has been taken all the way 3 hours north to Leicester by Parcelforce for no fucking reason).

The new iPad that I picked up this week came with three months of Apple Arcade. That will be enough to keep me entertained for a few weeks.

I also restarted Frostpunk. That game is awesome.

get the fuck out of here…

Streets of Rage is your GOTY? Objectively??

get the fuck out of here

(Loved that HL: Alyx got the recognition it deserves, in part)

Don’t take it seriously, it’s just a dude’s opinion.

Haha I didn’t mean to seem so upset, more flabbergasted than anything.

I would replay this today.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-06-16-our-favourite-games-of-e3-2021

The year is 2021. I’ve been biding my time for the revision and Ninty still lets me down. I genuinely had no expectations and what they offer is the bare minimum. Not even Apple pulls this crap.

I was excited for an improved Switch revision two months ago. Now that my PS5 has finally arrived, I’d rather play games on that system instead. Besides the PS5 games tfuthere is a long list of popular games from PS+ and PS Now that I’ve been meaning to try out for years.

I’ll grab Shin Megami Tensei V, Metroid Dread, and the Advance Wars remake for the Switch, and bring it with me when I travel.

The upcoming switch lineup for 2021-2023 isn’t impressive. I’d prefer a brand new Nintendo console than an incremental upgrade.

Everyone just wants a system with stable frame rate.

As someone who mostly plays the Switch in handheld mode at home, I would also like a more powerful system with a larger screen and comfortable controls. But at that point it might as well be another system.

And yes, stable frame rate would be nice.

It’d be nice if you could lower the resolution to play certain games at higher framerates but the resolution is already piss poor so where does that leave us? Nintendo Wii levels of performance.

I wanted a Switch to play Crash Team Racing once and then I saw the performance on YouTube and my cock deflated like stomping on a bag of crisps.

Wish Apple entered the handheld space so they could embarrass them from a hardware perspective.

Good hardware is meaningless without good games. I tried to find something to play on iOS yesterday and that place is a wasteland. Including Apple Arcade.

The most popular games list is almost static and many of the games in each category are abysmal.

This is going to be phenomenal judging by the sound design in this trailer. It’s been a staple of the franchise.