Winter 2015 Anime | Parade of the death of anime

I just watched the last episode of Shirobako and god almighty this is remarkably well done. I teared up quite a bit.

the animation of this week durarara was p bad, dunno what happened lol

Aldnoah Zero 17-19

I thought Lemrina was going to kill Asseylum while she was in a comatose state in a water tank for a moment there. That was a well played troll by the studio. Slaine is going balls out in a fresh mass frontal assault on Earth. This marks a second wave, I suppose. I look forward to another Inaho and Slaine battle.

Gundam Reconguista in G 1-4

A proper, new Gundam TV series! Woo! First, I want to get this out of the way: The OP has the best song used in a Gundam opening since Gundam Wing. It’s wonderful. The animation looks nice. I like the “bug” look they were going for with the first Gundam you see in the series. It’s a nod to the Gundam designs in the older Gundam series, but Reconguista isn’t just paying homage to early Gundam designs. Chronologically, the time period Reconguista takes place in is sometime after the Universal Century era. Reconguista’s era is called the the Regild Century.

Now I have a lukewarm impression on the plot, characters and how the flow of events are carried. It’s all really misdirected. It’s rather confusing as to what is what. For example, they don’t explain what the Capital Guard and Capital Army are very well. The former is harder to understand. I kinda figured the Capital Army is the first army setup by the country’s government, or it actually seems like the Pope has absolute authority. Could be wrong about that, though. I suppose the Capital Guard’s role is to protect the orbital space elevator, Capital Tower. The action scenes fall flat and the motivation of Bellri and some other characters aren’t clear. Oh well. I’ll keep watching and see where it goes.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders 30-31

Very funny “fight” with the Stand user Mariah. I use quotations because it was more of a struggle involving Joseph and Mohammed. They were both human magnets. Oh lord. The sexually suggestive positions they forcibly got into were hilarious. I liked the facial expressions on the onlooker’s faces.

Log Horizon 2 18-20

All I have to say is, cat man opened his eyes. Shit got real. I thoroughly enjoyed the fight on the moving train.

Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis 9-12 END

I don’t have a whole lot more to say about this show. It was a better than average anime. It handled comedy well. I was kept interested in the story until the end.

You know what’s funny? The gays. Aren’t they so funny?

I won’t even dignify that with a serious reply.

That was cringe-worthy at best. Some parts were amusing but the homophobia topped any sexism most anime has. Definitely a step back to the bad old days.

you weren’t joking, jeez

I didn’t find that homophobic at the least. I don’t know what you and Nick are talking about. Simply put, Joseph and Mohammed were embarrassed that people might look on at their public sex acts, not that they’re a gay couple. That’s preposterous. It would be no different if a man and woman were put in the same situation. The shame of public sex acts is what the creators had in mind. Suddenly, because it’s two men, it becomes an issue of homophobia. Come on.

I mean, yes, if you removed all context ever.

The joke is that they didn’t want to be seen as gay. Your example is just false equivalence.

They were expressly embarassed about being seen as gay. Also the old lady called it filth, doesn’t sound very open minded writing to me.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ReflectingGloriousIzuthrush.mp4

jojo isnt exactly highbrow
also its from the 90s technically

Still disagree, you’re being too sensitive and looking for something controversial which isn’t present here. The old lady was referring to the sex acts as filth. This is like a classic case of extreme liberals looking for social injustice anywhere that suits their agenda. Not saying you guys are, but it reminds me of SJW’s.

Yeah I know that, and it feels like it too.

Sounds like we have a closet GG’er. We all see what we want to see. It looks like you want to give it a pass because you think it is “funny” when others found it hard to watch.

Then again I don’t enjoy fan service or other things anime does often.

I’m not a GG’er. That whole thing is stupid. Both sides are. I respect women, homosexuals and transgender people. SJW gets thrown into the mix of GG when that isn’t the case. It’s used to describe overly sensitive people that nitpick at every alleged injustice out there.

It was funny to me, but then again it takes a lot to offend me. Had Joseph or Mohammed talked about being concerned about being perceived as gay or the townspeople yelling homophobic slurs at them, then that would be obviously disgusting and I’d be very unhappy at watching that.

I don’t wanna turn this into a long-winded debate, but it’s all good.

Do you know how GG started? They misinterpreted a few articles as a smear campaign. That’s all. So to claim that “both sides” are dumb is to pretend that GG and everyone else share equal blame. That’s false equivalence again.

I already said it but I’ll put it here again anyway: I don’t think we can discuss this if you’re going to take that tack.

GG started when people were making up lies about that Zoe person’s personal life. That she was sleeping with game developers, game journalists, etc. All fabricated lies. I say both anti-GG and pro-GG sides are stupid because they’ve both resorted to doing underhanded and petty acts, but the pro-GG have obviously been worse with death threats and harassment. I’m just saying that the anti-GG supporters aren’t free from criticism.

Well, I’ll drop this now. The topic of GG is way off course for this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVxG1LOsm0U

Shigatsu no kimi ni Uso - Your Lie in April

Gundam Boyfriends Build Fighters

Been going through 3 (if you count GBF’s second series, Try) non-traditional sports shows.

GBF in particular encouraged me to buy gunpla. It’s a lot more work than I imagined, it looks at least twice as difficult as the plamo I put together, even though it’s the lowest grade possible.