What are y'all playing? ver 2.0

Mwahaha, victory achieved!

That seems a tad unfair.

That picture isnā€™t mine although I did have one of those units. I won a tech victory without going to war with anyone.

I upped the difficulty and I was doing fine until the yellow civ (Polystralia) decided to attack me. Fortunately, I had plenty of energy (money) so I could buy enough military units to repel their attack. Now theyā€™re back with a second stronger assault with advanced units and I donā€™t think I can do anything to stop them. The next time Iā€™ll not forget to upgrade my troops.

The AI is very passive at the default difficulty level. I suggest you increase it one or two steps even if you are a beginner.

The military virtue tree is pretty awesome. I chose that path because I wanted to rush the enemy. Instead Iā€™m using two of the abilities to farm the aliens for science points.

http://www.pcgamer.com/civilization-beyond-earth-now-has-a-demo-you-can-try/

Go play the demo, people! This game is the perfect Civ, imo.

What platforms?

Edit: Looks like PC only :frowning:

They are working on a Mac and Linux port.

The core gameplay is better than any other Civ game. I do however agree with many of the complaints that both fans and reviewers have pointed out.

• The factions are devoid of personality. Gone are the ideological archetypes of Alpha Centauri. Flavor text is also pretty bland.
  • There is no art showing buildings and the art for wonders is bare bones.
  • The interface isnā€™t bad, but some things could clearly be improved upon. I get the feeling this wasnā€™t tested thoroughly enough before release.
  • The victory screen is disappointing. All you get is some text over a static concept art screen. No statistics. No animated maps showing progress over time.

That being said, itā€™s a candidate for game of the year.

I know itā€™s just kind of par for the course for the genre, but I canā€™t believe that in this day and age game developers can get away with making these games with no story or campaign whatsoever. Itā€™s basically just a board game you play with the AI or friends. There is SO much you could do with this thematically. Give the factions a real background, give me some characters to care about! Fuck, give me a single player experience worth caring about.

That said, GOTY.

Iā€™ve never played a Civilization game before but iā€™ll try it out.

Started a Dark Souls NG+ today, itā€™s weird because i was expecting it to be more challenging than the first run but iā€™m already overleveled :whale: so anyway in about a couple of hours iā€™ve already killed the first Slab Demon which is weird. Maybe i should get the Rite of Kindling now. I guess thereā€™s no real way to sequence break the game without the master key.

By the way what do you guys think of Suikoden? I was thinking of playing a jrpg and iā€™ve never played any of the Suikoden games. I saw a bit of konami streaming it and it looked kinda fun.

I love the Suikoden series. The physical PS1 games are very expensive so I recommend that you pick them up from the PSN or get the ā€œfreeā€ version from the internet.

The translations arenā€™t great since the translators didnā€™t have access to the context while translating it. It wasnā€™t done by native speakers and back then Iā€™m not sure the guys were fluent speakers.

Suikoden can easily be finished in 8 hours. You can import the save file into Suikoden II for some bonuses.

OMFG Valkyria Chronicles for PC!!!

For real? I still havenā€™t played the third game.

Finally finished A Link Between Worldsā€¦ i was thinking of going for the Hero Mode but man, that thing burned me out on 2D Zeldas. I have to admit that i simply wasnā€™t that much of a fan of its narrative design. It was a very fun game, but it lacked something compared to the other Zelda games that i canā€™t quite discern right now. Itā€™s incredibly weird because it was the first zelda game that i didnā€™t wholly enjoy. I didnā€™t even collect all the maiamais eve though i was only missing ten or so. I was tired of the overworld and just wanted to play through the last dungeon (which was pretty fun, but an armor upgrade on the last dungeonā€¦? doesnā€™t feel right).

Anyway. Time for OOT! And Twilight Princess probably. And Suikoden! It even has auto battle! That was nice.

I was sent some extra Evolve codes for PC this weekend if anyoneā€™s interested. PM if you want one.

Final Fantasy XIV (aka shut the fuck up Leo)

Itā€™s Halloween All Saintsā€™ Wake in the olā€™ land of Eorzea. Which means a fun new quest line and costumes glamours. Itā€™s random chance, so most of the time you just get a random monster like an imp or a bat, but you also have a rare chance to transform into a city leader. Obviously I kept going until I rolled best lalafell.

Conveniently, one of the next dungeon unlocks I acquired happened to the very spoopy Hauke Manor. Additionally, Iā€™m now level 41 (maybe 42, I might be wrong) and Iā€™m working on unlocking the next primal boss encounter: Titan. Iā€™m pretty much just mainlining the main story quests since Iā€™m overleveled for them, but I do occasionally stop to smell the roses with some sidequests.

http://i.minus.com/ibtj3HUaCymTob.gif

Patch 2.4 came out and introduced a new class/job: Rogue and Ninja. It seems neat, although melee combat feels a bit rough. The positioning requirement is more unforgiving than what Iā€™m used to.

And a bonus gif for @RpgN

Edit: Oh shoot, I forgot to add this: http://dgnick.tumblr.com/post/101547782863/the-many-expressions-of-ilse-shotou-a-tiny

Thatā€™s pretty moe

Iā€™m playing through Left 4 Dead 2 on PC.

Good ass game that one.

Evolve is sooo goooooddd