Spring 2015 Anime | We can finally see Frieza's final form

It’s ok, Leo. My gf has trouble keeping up with subtitles, too.

[B]Katanagatari - END[/B]

Wow. Just… wow. Quite the finish. I really can’t even process it all right now. Just thankful for the interesting ride.

I feel very peaceful.

This year’s 28th issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is revealing on Monday that the Dragon Ball Super television anime will premiere in Japan on July 5. The broadcast of the Dragon Ball Kai series will end before then.

Toei Animation’s Kimitoshi Chioka (Hakaba Kitarō, Kamisama Kazoku) is the series director, and Naoko Sagawa (Yomiko Advertising, Inc.) and Atsushi Kido (Toei Animation) join Osamu Nozaki as producers. Kido entered Toei just as the company was animating the Dragon Ball Z anime’s Frieza arc. Masako Nozawa, the voice of Goku, Gohan, and Goten, is returning for the series.

Kazuya Yoshii will perform the opening theme “Chōzetsu☆Dynamic” (Excellent Dynamic) and rock band Good Morning America will perform the ending theme “Hello Hello Hello.”

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-06-04/dragon-ball-super-tv-anime-debuts-on-july-5/.88900

And we still don’t know anything about it. The suspense is killing me.

Fate⁄stay Night Unlimited Blade Works 20-21

This fight between Archer and Shiro has dragged on for a bit too long, but it’s finally over. So now we know the truth behind the Holy Grail. I hope Shiro fucks up Gilgamesh once and for all, but a finale between Saber and Gilgamesh would be better. Saber > *

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders 44-46

MAN-OH-MAN. JoJo cannot ever stop being animated. It’s my new go-to addiction. My previous addiction was HxH. It’s consistently quality animation, pacing, and action. Also quite funny often.

Avdol, Iggy, and Kakyoin have died. Kakyoin’s death hit me the most. It was sad when he was thinking about what his parents were doing at that moment shortly before his death. Episode 46 ends at a suspenseful moment. Please don’t die, Joseph. The time has come for Jotaro to step up.

Seraph of the End 8-9

I laughed when Yu was acting like an excited little kid, watching Shiho hot wire a car. That was the first time his personality showed some humility. I liked it. The scene where the Moon Demon squad were in their car attempting to run over the vampire noble Crowley was awesome. The BGM that accompanied that scene was fitting too. Too bad we didn’t get to see a proper fight. Damn those assistants that intervened.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan 8-9

The pursuit to capture or kill Kharlan was nice. Arslan and his small band of warriors cleverly outsmarted Kharlan’s large army by using fear. The two-on-one fight with Silvermask, Daryun, and Narsus was cool. Narsus is a great character, have to say. He’s the brilliant tactician of the group, but he’s also elegant in and out of battle, and has a quirky side at times. His occasional comments about him soon becoming Arslan’s Court Painter are funny.

Are you watching Sound! Euphonium, John? I think you would like it. I don’t want try to sell you on it because there’s something about it I’d rather you surprised about if you don’t already know.

But if you need more encouragement, please let me know.

In other news, I’m almost done with Your Lie in April. Just finished ep 18 and I gotta say, the feels right now are getting out of control.

I mean, I could see the ‘lie’ coming a mile away. but it’s not softening the blow as much as I thought it would T_T

Yes!

They’re lesbians!

It’s pretty good, probably the best since Hyouka.

I had no idea it was KyoAni when I started it. I did start to suspect it was because it looked a little too good to be animated by anyone else, except for Ufotable.

Hard to disagree with best since Hyoka. That pretty much nails it. I wish they would (could?) do another Haruhi.

Dude not even, though. Kaori just defaults to Watari because she’s dying and shit and doesn’t want to get attached to anything serious or real (at the start). She knows full well what he’s about and while I think she genuinely likes him as a friend and is attracted to him, she uses him as the show progresses to make a buffer between herself and Kousei. But it’s abundantly clear the more the show goes on that she’s in love with Kousei.

I could write like a dissertation on the subject, but I still have to wrap up the last 3 or so episodes.

Did you draw that yourself?

Yah. It reminded me of Ano Natsu de Matteiru so I emulated that.

That show was pretty ok. Kinda weird that the story was copy and pasted from Onegai Sensei.

Kanna ;_;

Tetsuro ;_;

ok, just finished.

The feels are real.

8.5/10

Toki wa tomete.

My thoughts: Hugely underwhelming. Gohan has now upgraded his scholarly attire to light green sweater. Goku is a hipster. Goten and Trunks are still kids. Goku turns Super Saiyan 1.

Dragon Ball Super’s story will take place shortly after the decisive battle with Majin Buu, and will contain plot elements that tie it to the recent Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ film. The characters Beerus and Whis will return from the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ films as regular characters in the series.

The magazine also contains a preview of the first episode’s story:

After defeating Majin Buu, life is peaceful once again. Ordered by Chi-chi to earn money, Goku works even as he wants to train even more. Meanwhile, Goten, about to become a brother-in-law to Videl, sets out on a journey with Trunks to find her a present.

The show’s official website unveiled the main visual for the series on Monday, which features Beerus and Whis, as well as two new yet-unnamed characters who resemble them.

http://i.minus.com/iS7Y3HZzUKl2o.jpg

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-17/dragon-ball-super-anime-story-details-unveiled/.89372

Is that similar looking Beerus a god from another universe? If that’s so, then will the other gods not be completely different looking? That would be unfortunate.