Hearthstone thread of stoning hearths

Touch Arcade | ‘Hearthstone’ Blackrock Mountain Adventure Launches April 2nd

I pre-ordered it a few days ago. Not because of the card back, but I since I’m going to want to play it at launch I might as well spend the money now and get it off my mind.

Eurogamer | Hearthstone expansion Blackrock Mountain out next week

Touch Arcade | ‘Hearthstone’ - All 31 New Blackrock Mountain Cards in Total Have Been Revealed

I played a bit of the second Blackrock Mountain dungeon yesterday. It’s alright, but I’m getting a bit tired of the game. Magic Duels: Origins in July should be a nice replacement.

You can now download an iPhone client.

JFC, FlNALLY.

Can confirm it’s Hearthstone on phone. Hearthsphone.

Did they change the UI so you can you read the text?

I didn’t change anything. If you mean the other speech bubble, it was in the process of “growing”.

Nah, I was mostly curious about if the card rules text was easy to read on a tiny screen.

It’s been redesigned, it’s not a smaller version of the original client. You can press on cards to read their effects and your hand fills the screen when you tap it. Nothing looks or feels too small, I only feel a slight encumbrance bringing up my hand. I think it’s a good solution though.

Spoilers? I don’t think anyone cares though. Pleased that the last wing is Blackrock Descent. That raid is from cataclysm, the ones featured in adventure mode so far were from original vanilla WoW.

FUCKING HELL, NICK!!! How dare you spoil something that I would find out in 10 seconds by looking at the client? FUUUUUUUUCK!!!

:slight_smile:

Have you completed the heroic challenges Nick?

No. I still haven’t done the ones for Naxx either. I’m not too keen on making decks specifically for these bosses, heroic mode would force me down that road.

This time I didn’t even try them although I did finish a couple of the ones in Naxxramas. I like that they are almost like puzzles, but on the other hand it really sucks if you’re missing essential cards.

Eurogamer | Blizzard gives European Hearthstone players free cards

Touch Arcade | ‘Hearthstone’ Will Soon Have $9.99 Purely Cosmetic Hero Skins

That’s great if you want to play warrior but aren’t too keen on using Garrosh a horde hero.

The next patch for digital card game Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft will bring with it a fourth game mode. Joining the existing standard, solo, and arena modes will be the new “tavern brawl” option, which gives you new ways to compete against other players.

Essentially, it’s a one-on-one competitive mode, but one where you have to deal with a specific set of challenges involving special rules or custom decks. “Some brawls will provide you with a preset deck, while others may have you build a new deck based on certain surprising guidelines,” Blizzard explains. The feature is also designed with high-level players in mind; it doesn’t unlock until you have a level 20 hero character. New brawls will be added each week once the feature launches, and while you can play with strangers, there’s also an option to challenge friends.

The update will also bring with it a string of other, smaller features, including new hero characters to play as. These don’t actually change the game at all — they’re essentially character skins that add some visual variety, with new animations and emotes — and they’ll run you a hefty $9.99 each. The first to launch will be Magni Bronzebeard, with more set to follow soon after. Finally, patch 2.7 will also introduce customizable card backs, letting you assign specific looks to help differentiate all of your decks.

The new features are expected to go live some time around mid-June. The game is available as a free download on a huge range of platforms, including Windows, Mac, iPad, and, most recently, smartphones. Hearthstone currently has more than 30 million players.