Hearthstone thread of stoning hearths

That was actually my second Iron Juggernaut. The first one died two turns earlier and he drew the mine the turn before. I played the next one thinking he couldn’t possibly draw it right away. He did. I wish I was recording this match.

The Verge | Hearthstone is coming out on Android

zzzzzzzzzzzz

The new expansion is pretty fun. I bought 10 booster packs to save me some time from grinding in the Arena.

I haven’t played in a while. Not sure when I will as I’ve been embroiled with Destiny and work. I am on vacation for 10 days starting next week so maybe then.

Ah I remember speccing that. T’was godlike.

SWAG.

Tha poor bahsturd, 'e never 'ad a chance.

1st turn pass, 2nd turn Sorceror’s Apprentice (doesn’t kill), 3rd turn coined Counterspell and Spellbender (doesn’t trigger), 4th turn Ethereal Arcanist, 5th turn his fireball (Counterspelled), 6th turn his fireball (Spellbended), and after that he was straight fucked, it was too late. I drew another Counterspell and another Spellbender, both of which are on the board. You can guess what happens after he finishes his turn.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/15700587539

Hunter decks continue to be nerfed after every change. It’s almost as if they’re OP…

I haven’t encountered any frustrating builds myself, but I’m glad that Blizzard is regularly balancing the game.

I drafted a really nice warlock deck yesterday. They usually suck in the Arena mode.

It’s frustrating that they balance with changing card values instead of changing the meta around the cards.

You know that daily quest where you have to summon twenty 5+ minions?

Well then they’ll have to do Blackwing Lair and Ahn’Qiraji. You can’t just skip them now.

Eurogamer | Dragons and Dark Iron dwarves hit Hearthstone with the Blackrock Mountain Adventure

Some context for some of those abilities for people who don’t play WoW:

Rend Blackhand is a boss that rides into battle on a black drake. Grim Patron is a neutral enemy type that tends to attract its friends when it gets hurt.

Let’s get the bad Hearthstone news out of the way first: Hearthstone is still coming to iPhone and Android phones, but not for “a couple months”. Now, we’re talking about Blizzard here, so when they say “a couple months” that’s actually much better than their usual “when it’s done”. So, even the bad news today isn’t so bad.

The good news, however, is pretty fantastic. Blackrock Mountain is the latest expansion for Hearthstone and it’s coming in April. Similar to last summer’s Curse of Naxxramas, this expansion will focus on PvE content and feature 5 wings that are released one per week. Each wing will cost 700 gold or $7, but that price can be reduced if you buy the expansion as a bundle instead of wing by wing. Also similar to Naxxramas, this expansion will include class challenges for each class and will feature a Heroic mode with super tough bosses once the regular bosses are defeated. At the end of finishing all 5 wings, you’ll have 31 new cards added to your deck.

While the expansion is launching in April, you can preorder it starting on March 19 which will get you a special card back.

Pocket Tactics | Deathwing and a prayer: Blackrock Mountain expansion coming to Hearthstone

Eurogamer | Blizzard happy with Hearthstone’s explosive Dr. Boom

For all the tuning they’re talking about with other classes, 80% of card changes are because of Hunters. I’m pretty sure a Hunter card has been nerfed every single patch. If they want to make all these changes, where are they?