Random Gaming & News Talk | Can't find the right thread? Use this one instead!

Do you do stuff like guilds and stuff? I wonder how many people have never stopped playing WOW since the og release.

I quit playing vanilla WoW, returned for BC, kept playing through to WotLK, quit again after Cata, and played Mists when I felt like it. That’s likely going to continue with WoD and I’ll be playing it tomorrow.

I raided from vanilla to Cata.

I will never understand the appeal of MMOs. And I’m glad I don’t.

I love the idea of tackling challenges together with other players in a persistent world. Unfortunately the core mechanics of the ~20 MMOs I’ve tried aren’t good enough to justify the enormous time investment.

Let me rephrase that, I get the appeal. But sticking with these repetitive gameplay mechanics is just madness, imo.

I imagine high level combat where strategies have to be very specific and extensive must to be tons of fun.

Sounds like Dota

A lot of my WoW experience and skills easily transferred to DOTA. It’s a babby’s game just in terms of the amount of buttons I pressed in WoW.

Far Cry 4 scores are looking good. Shall buy.

I was watching the GB quicklook and found myself properly disgusted by all the animal and human murdering.

I’m getting old.

Thou shalt not support Ubisoft.

Hahaha, saw that on Reddit today. The Ubisoft hate lately has really been lifting my spirits.

Holy shit, that voice acting is extremely good.

I did feel the same, admittedly.

Shoot it. Burn it. Put it out of its misery.

It’s a shame. I miss early G4 and ZDTV (TechTV, etc.).

They’re probably going to tweak that policy soon. Last weekend, some lucky shoppers got their hands on $60 Wii U and 3DS bundles by asking Walmart to price-match what turned out to be a glitch on Sears’ website. And now, more devious shoppers have come up with a different scam to get PS4s: fake Amazon listings.

It’s a simple process. First, someone sets up a bogus third-party retail listing on Amazon that will claim to sell PS4s for super-cheap, like, say, $90:

People Are Scamming Walmart With Bogus Cheap PS4 Listings
EXPAND

“AmzonElectronics” is a nice touch. Though Amazon is quick to remove fake listings like that—and you’ll never get that $90 PS4 from them—it’s still simple to snag a screenshot and bring it to one of the big box stores.

And that’s… pretty much it. Anyone can benefit from this scam simply by taking the Amazon listing to Walmart (or any other retailer that offers price-matching) and crossing their fingers.

https://twitter.com/DenaJarawr/status/534252350199066624

Suddenly, something yelled “FOR THE KING!” in my bedroom. Kingdom Rush: Origins is available on the App Store. Have you, or Shorty, played it yet @LabouredSubterfuge?

Nah, need to get through Frontiers first.