Pitchfork's best 50 albums of 2014

#12 Salad Days by Mac DeMarco is sometimes too lo-fi and it leans heavily on reverb. Some tracks, like Pepperoni Playboy, are nevertheless great.

#11 Too Bright by Perfume Genius is at times beautiful, but also a bit boring.

#10 Our Love by Caribou. Yep, Iā€™m liking it.

#9 Pom Pom by Ariel Pink sounds like parody of music.

#8 Itā€™s Album Time by Todd Terje is not my type of house.

#7 Benji by Sun Kil Moon is more about the lyrics and song than the instruments. I prefer the opposite.

#6 To Be Kind by Swans is great. Iā€™ve avoided this band before since I keep getting the name confused with Billy Corganā€™s band Zwan.

#5 Ruins by Grouper. I like the overall mood and atmosphere of it, but it is also slow and unexciting. Maybe it would be fine background music when reading.

#4 Syro by Aphex Twin is one of his stronger albums. I love the opening track ā€œminipops 67ā€.

#3 Lost in the Dream by The War on Drugs reminds me of Bruce Springsteen. Thatā€™s not a good thing.

#2 LP1 by FKA twigs. I imagine this is good love making music.

#1 Run the Jewels 2 by Run the Jewels. This album is solid. El-P usually makes quality music. I havenā€™t listened much to his solo albums, but Company Flow and Cannibal Ox are hip-hop classics.

Apparently, Pitchfork has already published a list with the music videos of 2015. Their top 50 list of albums isnā€™t done yet. Maybe Iā€™ll make a new thread once it is up.

You did it arch. God bless.

Isnt it, though?

Nope. Pitchfork also compares him with Bryan Adams and Dire Straits. I was never a huge fan of those either.