Pitchfork’s best 50 albums of 2015

#13 Divers by Joanna Newsom. Newsom was once one of my favorite artists. Not being on Spotify made me miss this album. I need to track it down somewhere else. The songs that are available on YouTube are great.

#12 I Love You, Honeybear by Father John Misty. At first I liked it but halfway through I found it dull.

#11 Garden of Delete by Oneohtrix Point Never. It has potential but needs more beats.

Stretch out the top ten for the rest of the year… you’re going to damned fast. fist shake

Most of these albums haven’t been great so I want to get this done so I can move on to a better list.

How about more than a single sentence review for the top then, then? :slight_smile:

#10 The Epic by Kamasi Washington. Double and triple albums have way too much content for my taste. This jazz album is really good, but I need to listen to it another half-dozen times before I can decide if it’s great.

#9 Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit by Courtney Barnett. Simple pop-rock isn’t usually my thing, but this is great.

#8 Wildheart by Miguel. Nope, I’m not feeling the funk or the voice.

#7 Black Messiah by D’Angelo / The Vanguard. This was released in 2014 so I’m not sure why it’s on this list. It’s good but it never reaches the highs of D’Angelo’s first two albums. It’s nice having him back making music.

#6 Carrie & Lowell by Sufjan Stevens. This type of calm low-key singer-songwriter does not appeal to me. This is better than most, but I still find it boring (although occasionally beautiful).

#5 Currents by Tame Impala. I discovered this band in our “What song are you listening to right now?” thread and it gives me a warm feeling.

#4 Summertime '06 by Vince Staples. Sigh, another double album. It’s a bit uneven but the strongest tracks, like Señorita, are great.

#3 Art Angels by Grimes has some highlights, but it’s mostly boring pop.

#2 In Colour by Jamie xx. I’m a bit surprised this made the second place. I don’t get it.

#1 To Pimp a Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar is the best new hip-hop album I’ve heard in a long while. I need to look up his earlier albums.

It’s an end of an era.