Pitchfork’s best 50 albums of 2015

#31 Hallucinogen EP by Kelela. I like the bass and the vocals, but it’s also quite uneventful.

#30 Fading Frontier by Deerhunter reminds me a bit of Animal Collective and some singer-songwriter I used to listen to. It’s alright.

Unlock, the swag, the swag, unlock
Unlock, the swag, unlock
Unlock, the swag, unlock

Unlock, the swag, unlock
Unlock, the swag, unlock

#29 SremmLife by Rae Sremmurd. Hip-hop is better without singing and when there isn’t a chorus.

#28 Depression Cherry by Beach House. I listened to this a week ago and I don’t remember much except that it was pretty good.

#27 No Cities to Love by Sleater-Kinney. This is filed under punk/indie rock, but it sounded very mainstream to me. It reminded me a bit of The Dead Weather and Blood Red Shoes.

#26 New Bermuda by Deafheaven. Experimental black metal. Finally something a bit more exciting!

#25 I Don’t Like Shit, I Don’t Go Outside by Earl Sweatshirt is good rap.

#24 The Beyond / Where the Giants Roam by Thundercat. I’ve already discovered this album and it is indeed great.

#23 b’lieve i’m goin down by Kurt Vile is a pretty decent album in a genre I usually don’t like at all. That’s an accomplishment.

#22 Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper by Panda Bear. I’ve listened to all albums by Panda Bear and Animal Collective and while there are some highlights I don’t like the majority of their songs. This album is alright I guess.

#21 Donnie Trumpet & the Social Experiment by Surf. Not bad at all, but I’m not sure I want to listen to optimistic hip-hop.

#20 Elaenia by Floating Points. The entire albums feels like a prelude to something that would be awesome on a dancefloor. Sadly, it never leaves that space.

#19 Dirty Sprite 2 by Future. I don’t like this new rap, but this was better than most other recent artists.

You’re doing this too fast. It’s supposed to take at least a year.

#18 Have You In My Wilderness by Julia Holter is fantastic. I have to go back and listen to her other albums.

#17 If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late by Drake. I don’t know when rapping turned into auto-tuned singing but I don’t like it.

#16 M3LL155X by FKA twigs. I liked her previous EP. This isn’t as good.

#15 Vulnicura by Björk. Her last three albums (including this) are uneven, but when they are good they are really good.

#14 Barter 6 by Young Thug. I only listened to a few tracks before giving up on it.