Final Fantasy XV

What do you think of the Deluxe cover?

Edit:
People that played the demo are saying it’s trash, wow.

The demo that was included with Type-0 was awful.

The deluxe cover is a bit messy but it’s cool that they’re going with Amano’s art.

I’m agreed with Arch, generally like Amano art but it looks like a mess.

Damn, son. I haven’t played a Final Fantasy game in years. This looks pretty intriguing though. Eagerly awaiting reviews once this releases. It kinda invokes the feeling of old school epic RPGs, journeying, conversations over the fire, epic quest to restore your homeland.

Not PS4 exclusive, what are the chances of a PC port?

My guess is that we’ll get a crappy PC port 6-9 months later.

I’m fine with the setting and the silly characters. My gripe with the demo was the boring combat system.

@Das I posted that video before the live stream happened. It was a GameSpot leak.

The deluxe and ultimate editions of the game aren’t worth that amount of money. I love how they give you a “special soundtrack,” and can’t be bothered to give you the official soundtrack. If you’re paying that much, they should go all out. They included it in the ultimate edition, even, and not in the deluxe edition. You’re paying far more money for the ultimate. That special soundtrack is either going to be a handful of tracks from the OST, or renditions of tracks on the FF15 OST.

With that said, the new trailer looked great. The English FF15 theme is terrible. Florence and the Machine? Really?

I downloaded the demo, and played it in the beginning briefly, but I haven’t spent enough time with it. I’ll play it through entirely later today.

I know, I was just giving you a hard time because I was cranky as hell this morning.

FFXV’s Tabata “aware of the big call for a PC version”

“Unfortunately we weren’t able to do simultaneous development on a PC and console version for 15,” Tabata said. “We had to focus on the console version and our goal was to maximise, optimise everything for the HD consoles. Once that’s done, then we will definitely take a good, hard look at PC and what we need to do, and consider all our options. But right now we aren’t decided, we’re still considering a lot of things.”

It’s something!

thats a yes

If they make a PC version, there will be a VR hack…

New “high level magic and combat” gameplay footage:

The enemy art looks great.

Interview with Tabata and other developers on the team.

Two minutes of Final Fantasy XV chocobo gameplay.

Brotherhood was pretty good and it made me warm up to the boy band.

I spent two-three hours running around in the desert doing sidequests, hunts and collecting items and so far I’m really enjoying it. The camera can be a bit annoying during combat and I hope the game becomes more tactical once I have unlocked more skills. Just holding the circle button will not be fun for 40 hours.

I’ve been playing it for ~14 hours, and I’m enjoying it, overall. Remarkably, I’m still on chapter 1. I recently decided to move on to the next region. I have strong reservations about the lack of a gripping narrative to string the adventure along. The main appeal is the open-world, side-quest content, and the dialogue between Noctis, Gladios, Ignis, and Prompto. The modern themes are also intriguing to experience, like the Regalia, gas stations, and other real world things. I’ve heard that much later on, the main story enters the equation heavily. By the way, I adore fishing in this game. They nailed it.

Yesterday I reached a cutscene that was obviously random footage from Kingsglaive, so I paused the game and started watching the movie instead. It’s very well made, except for the lip syncing and facial animation. It also suffers a bit from the uncanny valley.

Kingsglaive was ok but had all the hallmarks of a senseless S-E story. Didn’t care, didn’t give me a reason to.

Suspect that’ll go double when I finally play the game in 2018.

I recently saw that part. I noticed that as well. Amusing. That only adds to the fact that Kingsglaive was meant to be the introduction of FFXV, but I’d wager that because of limited space or time, they weren’t able to fit it in.