Fall 2014 Anime | Fate, stay the night, harem

The princess is alive, she’s in the promotional material for season 2, except she’s in a wheelchair. Not even headshots can kills princesses. I hope at least Inaho is dead.

#teamsaazbaum

I’m torn. If the princess is alive then at least the second season isn’t pointless, but Inaho was the only reason Aldnoah was worth watching.

Aldnoah Zero spoiler - While Inaho is the prime protagonist, and definitive weapon against the Martians, I’d have to partially disagree there. From a personality standpoint, he is as interesting as a cardboard box. He shows no emotion whatsoever. I get it. They are at war, and he is a calculating and logical person, but he carried himself the same way before war broke out on Earth.

We don’t actually disagree.

Aldnoah Zero handles space opera really well. For me, the show is worth watching because of its quick pacing, entertaining action, and Inaho’s intelligent solutions in overcoming battles. I was anticipating him finding a one-of-a-kind robot that is more powerful than the rest, like Gundam, but they went with another direction, which is different for a change.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/11/19/a-shirobako-guide-to-anime-industry-salaries

I’m caught up, watched all of it today. So many references, even Waiting for Godot!

SHIROBAKO ep. 8 – I’m Not Criticizing You or Anything

This is probably bad image to be using since it hardly reflects of the breadth of characters in this show. The plot description and promotional images make it seem like it’s just a “cute girls make anime” show, but just by watching the first episode it’s obviously not. Instead, most of the story takes place in Musashino Animation, the company that two of the girls currently work for. Even if it’s not entirely true to life and possibly a little embellished, you get to see how anime gets made. You couldn’t do this as well if you just had a bunch of total amateurs, so most of the characters have clearly been working in the industry for several years. A lot of them aren’t even cute girls! What I’m saying is it’s legit.

Psycho-Pass ep. 8

WOW. I thought the initial reveal of the sibyl system was pretty weak but this! What a cliffhanger!

Also I guess I was wrong. Oh well.

So, is Akame ga Kill dat crack or what?

Trailer for the Psycho-Pass movie. Akane is looking pretty rad.

I guess I can’t give Aldnoah.Zero most disappointing, huh?

parasyte is prolly best show atm
fsn is p gud but slow starts
shirobako is fun, i enjoy it

ugh, now inaho is back too…

Canaan - 12 END

Been watching a few eps with lunch at work the past week or so. What a waste of time. Slow, meandering plot, doesn’t go anywhere, answers few questions and resolves just about nothing.

Biggest problem: if a character has missing memories, and it’s constantly referenced throughout the show, and she meets people from her past who know shit and talk about all that she’s forgotten, it should be a CRIME to finish the story without even touching on it. Not once!

4/10

so, ufotable’s making UBW and HF.

very good. i’m a bit out of touch with anime these days as i work so much, but perhaps i’ll make time for UBW.

i’ll probably skip the first half because it’s talking/cooking/threatening/nothing.

Eh, the fights still deliver, if nothing else.

Zankyou no Terror 1-5

I’m liking this so far. It’s basically 9/11 The Anime, except there are a series of bombings that the terrorists execute. The first or second episode (I forget which) was a little unsettling because the building looked eerily like the World Trade Center, and one of the towers collapsed onto itself from the explosions brought about from the bombs placed inside. I’m not sure if the building design was intentional or not, but most likely so.

Holy shit, chill the fuck out.

FSN S/N - 5-8

After watching F/Z, I’m a little confused. Why the fuck is everyone letting everyone else live!!! This is a battle to the death!

because the participants are just a bunch of incompetent children, with the exception of kirei, who just can’t be arsed with them for that very reason.

don’t forget, fate/zero was a light novel. fate/stay night was a visual novel.

so it’s a second life
primarily occupied with food, sex and relationships.