Fall 2014 Anime | Fate, stay the night, harem

Oh, so they were eating food they had bought from chefs then. I thought they were crafting it themselves. K.

What are you guys talking about? The show or something else?

Log Horizon

Holy crap, this is getting really fun. So they are basically an anarchic state governed by a coalition of unions and one bank owner, and they are having to negotiate with monarchic royalty.

I’m actually rooting for peace!

So. Thoughts?

I enjoyed the last two episodes, but am a bit sad it ended on such a hopeful note. Did you enjoy Shinya?

Overall was a good season even if it wasn’t as climactic as I might have wanted it.

Zankyou no Terror 6-11 END

Very enjoyable show. One of my faves of 2014, and it aired on the tail end of the year. I feel the production was rushed, and the writing was lacking and unclear, but even despite those, it was an emotional ride. Lisa represented a common character archetype in anime, the girl who essentially had no personality, and it made her seem very depressed. I’ve seen similar characters like her in other shows. Not an interesting character at the least. I’m not saying all characters have to be happy-go-lucky and positive all the time, but Lisa never offered anything thought-provoking or entertaining. On the flip side, Nine and Twelve were intriguing characters. They were the yin and yang of personality. One was positive and the other negative. I mean, Nine did resemble Lisa in a way, but I think he offered more background than her. That may have been my big problem with Lisa, not enough character background.

That brings me to Five 
 You can definitely surmise that poor production led to her character suffering in background development. Had this series been given another season, she could have been given an arc to expand her past a lot more. Her entire motivation throughout this 11 episode journey is mind-boggling without more information. At least, the reason she gave to hunt down Nine was stupid, and when she finally got to him, she kills herself. What the hell. Also wanna add, at times, the bomb-searching felt like Phi Brain to me. Lol.

Now for the good. Really, Nine and Twelve’s close friendship made this show entirely. Episode 9’s Ferris wheel scene was wonderful, and the Icelandic vocal song that accompanied it was very nice. I think Twelve and Lisa liked each other on a romantic level

I was satisfied with the ending, but it was regretful that it had to have a sad ending. I really liked watching Nine and Twelve, and I wanted them to have a happy ending, not both dying, although no matter what, from the very beginning, you knew they weren’t going to get away clean after everything was said and done.

Notice what I was replying to? No not Log Horizon

I didn’t notice the quote in the corner. Lol.

Edited for an impression I was meaning to do.

Oh. Oops. Shouldn’ta read tha’. I spent my evening on two Dota matches that server crashed on me and watching the latest episode of Metal Gear Scanlon 2. Premium members only.

http://i.minus.com/iPA8XUYjM3lXM.gif

Alright, I’ll watch it now.

Where was he? I didn’t see him :confused:

It had its ups and downs but overall it was okay. It wasn’t nearly as good as the first. I wasn’t particularly satisfied with the ending either.

Which one of you guys already has this?

omgggg kyoani will save christmas i just know it!

I’m assuming John’s already heard but for clarity’s sake:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/12/18/haruhi-voice-actress-says-yuki-chan-anime-scheduled-for-spring

BTW, did you watch this week’s Shirobako? What do you think are the odds that Hideaki Anno is playing in the next episode?

I did, and i wondered that myself for quite a while, but honestly, i don’t even know. On one hand, he might up for more voice acting, but on the other hand, perhaps he only acted in TWR because it was Miyazaki who asked him. It would be very weird for them to keep something so big and so obvious for the last episode and then have nothing special to show for it, but who knows. I checked to see if Khara has worked on Shirobako but i can’t find anything.

Honestly i’d be happy just to see them make fun of his beard.

Blessed are we that Shirobako will actually be 24 eps.

What!?!?!?

Oh thank you god

Finally watched the second Sora no Kiseki/Trails in The Sky OVA and by golly do i heartily recommend it. It’s an incredible exercise in adaptation that trusts you to already know what it’s throwing at you and which also does a very good job of giving the characters a new breadth of personality with its animation and VO. It’s nicely paced and follows just enough of its story that you can very easily understand what is going on without needing any overbearing exposition, but with obvious nods here and there to those who might know the story in its full extent. And its action scenes are, if i can be trusted with such heresy, as impressive as ufotable’s best but done with significantly less it seems, relying on excellent choreography and simple and clean direction rather than sheer displays of strength and visual effects, which gives the characters a very strong sense of skill and gravitas. The final action scene has become one of my favorites, even if it’s a tad shorter than i’d like. Though that’s partly due to some new rendition of Silver Will playing while the fight is going on. I can’t seem to find that song anywhere, it’s probably the best version of Silver Will so far :confused:

On the story side, it’s unfortunate that the bad guys turned out to be the standard “we’ve been through shit so we’ll kill much as necessary to make sure what happened to us doesn’t happen again” ordeal, but i trust Falcom to know their stuff and actually provide a stale archetype with new life.

Even more hyped for SC!

undeniable logic