E3 2016

That’s fair, but Kojima isn’t a god, and there is no guarantee what he makes will be great. I prefer to enjoy what is shown and wonder what it could be, but ignore hype based on his prior games. For all we know it may never come out, he is known to have exploding cost/time as he builds his games.

we heard you liked last of us and uncharted so we decided to make another one called god of war

I thought it was The Last of Us 2 at first, until I realized it was being made by Sony Bends, and not Naughty Dog. The hordes of zombies was a great set piece.

It was barely a set piece, the dude just ran around and shot a red barrel at some point. Nothing happened for like two whole minutes.

Contrast that with another game that closed out for Sony four years ago:

What they showed was just embarrassing.

Not gonna lie, I felt the same excited vibes I got the first time I saw that E3 trailer for Last of Us while watching this:

SharpFlamboyantImperatorangel

boo

New Zelda looks really pretty. I like the clothing and armor designs. It looks like Link can wear traditional iron armor.

I just wrote a huge reply only to have it deleted by accident -_-

About the whole Microsoft vs. Sony talk. I’m still catching up and haven’t watched most of the trailers for both conferences. I followed Microsoft’s conference briefly while I went straight to the trailers of Sony’s conference. So, I’m not sure if my impression will have any merit with that in mind. If we focus on the games:

I think what makes Sony’s conference stick out a bit more, is the fact that they surprise the audience a lot with their trailers. They give a fresh experience to the games we might already know about or they make announcements that we know are going to be bombs to a certain audience. Last year it was games like FFVII remake, The Last Guardian and Shenmue 3. This year it was mainly the Crash Bandicoot remastered edition and some new IPs by their developers (Days Gone). By surprising with games we already know about, I mean games like God of War and Resident Evil 7 by that. This might be the first time for me where I can honestly say that I liked what I watched of the gameplay of God of War and would want to play it. Seeing Kratos with more emotions and having a mentor role felt very refreshing. Although the influence of The Last of Us was too obvious. Still, I prefer this than what God of War is usually known for. Resident Evil 7 is another surprise. It’s crazy to see a game that is nothing like the version you had in mind. It’s like they took Silent Hil’s PT demo and ran with it. I am worried about the lack of elements that make it a Resident Evil game though. I hope they will show more of that in the future. I can continue with Death Stranding, Spiderman and Detroid. Sony has learned the art of surprising the audience one way or another. The only con about that is, that there are no guarantees whether what we have will truly materialize or whether it’s just a teaser to keep the hype train going.

Microsoft’s conference on the other hand felt very safe and predictable. I always have this with Microsoft’s conference before even watching it. I tell myself they’re going to show the usual: Gears of Wars, Forza Motorsport etc. and I know exactly how they will look like and how they will play. Even the release of new consoles (or upgrades, or whatever you want to call them) was predicted. I also can’t stand the presentation with fake excitement by the presentators and marketing lingo. I’m not sure if Sony had this as well with their conference but it definitely stood out with Microsoft. And so, most of the games shown did not excite me in any way. What I was genuinely excited about was We Happy Few. I loved the suspense and wanted to see what would happen next. Rare’s new game Sea of Thieves also looked very interesting even though it seems to be a multiplayer game only, which is a shame. I’m sure Platinum’s action game is going to be great, but the trailer wasn’t very good. It was trying too hard to be cool. I got reminded of DMC when watching the character posing and yelling. My conclusion of Microsoft’s conference is the following: the faithful who are into Microsoft games will be content with the conference. But Microsoft will need to do more to make the conference interesting for others and they need to add something new and interesting to their line-up. The good thing about their conference though, is that you usually know what to expect. You get what you see. There are no uncertainties.

I just found it weird that Sony didn’t give a few minutes to their best selling game franchise.

GT Sport will probably get more attention at Gamescom.

Yeah, I expect a big presence at Gamescom since EU is GT territory.

I can tell you now that that demo was p. bad. It may look like P.T. but it does not talk like it.

We should create a new thread of all the E3 trailers/gameplay videos shown, or this thread’s OP could be updated with them.

I have to say that Zelda game looks awesome. I might have to get an NX just for that.

I’ll just buy a WiiU and get all the good WiiU games at once.

Well it does depend on NX, but I’m not interested in buying a dead console. If we are lucky, Nintendo will continue its backwards compatible behavior with the NX, then all those games will still be worthwhile.