E3 2016

The new Zelda looks interesting. I’m glad it’s still a wii u game.

Looks really nice!

Treehouse is really the best part of E3.

lol

I really like the new camera perspective with the new pokemon games.

Please Popplio, I have children!

HO LEE SHIT

IVE NEVER EVER IN MY LIFE BEEN SO HYPED ABOUT A NEW ZELDA GAME

THIS IS AN ALL CAPS MOMENT PEOPLE

I gots goosepumps…

So gorgeous

<br

Sony’s conference was amazing. Lots of promising games were shown. That new Sony Bend game is very awesome.

I feel like everyone is blinded by hype. I notice it myself with Xbox, but the Sony conference was half baked. They did one thing right, showing games and some awesome looking games at that. Though almost everything was 2017 or later, it honestly doesn’t feel like there is much to expect from Sony for 2016 and maybe 2017 will be light since majority had no release dates.

Comparing that to MS, it seemed they were more focused on the immediate future of the platform. Honestly feels like something happened behind the scenes at Sony.

Well, people find what Sony has done since last E3 as rejuvenating because they are honing on game coverage, and little anything else. They are delivering what Sony console owners wish to see in these presentations. On the other hand, E3 is about showing what’s to come from companies to retailers, so traditionally, this convention (and similar conventions) aren’t aimed at consumers.

Yeah, the Sony conference was underwhelming this year. I will buy several of the games they showed, but there was no new announcement that caught my attention.

The best part of the Microsoft conference was that most of the content will be available for Windows 10.

There was stuff I’m sure I’ll enjoy but nothing turned me into a squealing schoolgirl.

Apart from Last Guardian. Every single time.

Vid or it didn’t happen.

So many Sony figures that didn’t make the rounds either. I’m hoping someone will spill the beans in the GB interviews.

You guys are nuts. New God of War game, Days Gone, Horizon: Zero Dawn, The Last Guardian, Detroit: Become Human, Resident Evil 7, Death Stranding, and the Insomniac Spider-Man game weren’t enough to excite you? And that’s excluding the PS4 exclusives that weren’t shown during the conference, such as, NieR: Automata, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and Gravity Rush 2. On top of that, multiplatform games that’ll release on PS3 and PS4, like Tales of Berseria and Persona 5.

It’s pretty clear to me that when looking at the game selection between PS4 and Xbox One, that the former has a better variety of both western and Japanese games. I don’t know what your criteria for a successful E3 conference is, but Sony has hit it out of the park two years in a row, while Microsoft continues to struggle to foster new IPs, instead, relying on Halo and Gears of War repeatedly. It’s telling how dire MS is getting to attract more people to Xbox One, that they showed new FFXV footage. (which admittedly was horrible)

There was nothing exciting about Days Gone.

Horizon, TLG, Detroit we knew about and were announced in prior years.

GoW looked great, no question.

Days Gone looked boring and not very good.

RE7 is interesting, but with VR we have to see it to understand it. Also since it’s playable without VR, that could mean it sucks.

We know nothing about Death Stranding, so I think it is dumb to get hyped.

Spiderman looked good, but there is a high bar with some great Spiderman games in the past. Also PS4 exclusive for a game like that, not as cool.

So games they didn’t show made their conference better?

I think the games shown at the PS conf were great overall, and it would make me want to get a PS4 with everything else about the PS4 (probably wait for NEO though). But the conference as a whole was lack luster and weird. The VR stuff they showed outside of RE7 was crap as well, and there was a lot of it.

There is good reason to be excited about Death Stranding, or at least the idea of it. Say what you want, it’s clearly the game Kojima wants to make because he’s working with Norman Reedus again. People have been hoping to see a new Kojima game that’s not Metal Gear and now we’re finally here. That’s definitely exciting.