Driveclub

How’s the game if you’re a lone wolf renegade with only a cursory understand of road traffic safety?

There seems to be plenty of single player content and driving is really easy in the beginning. My biggest concern is that it’s supposed to be filled with events where you drive supercars. I generally prefer driving more humble cars. The online integration is really neat too. All my friends, and their clubs, are easily accessible and you can compare your performances.

Rushy tweeted this a short time ago, Japan teaser.

New Track Preview: Nakasendo, Japan

Watch this full preview of Nakasendo, one of the new Japanese tracks coming in a free game update later this month.

It’s an epic point-to-point drive offering plenty of wide open sections for high speed overtaking and loooong switchbacks where you can get your drift on.

The car we’re driving is new too. It’s the awesome Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Centennial Edition, included in the Season Pass and also available as part of an upcoming Expansion Pack.

One of the new Japanese tracks coming in a free game update later this month.

The game is on sale in Europe for £19.99/€24.99.

I’ve reached the professional events and I’m now trying to control cars like Pagani Huayra. It’s not easy, although I’m slowly getting better.

Are you using a wheel?

Nope. It controls well with the gamepad since it’s more forgiving than Gran Turismo.

I don’t play enough racing games to justify buying another racing wheel and sadly my Logitech G25 isn’t compatible with the PS4.

Thrustmaster only? :unamused:

Everyone knows the only acceptable music for a good touge scene is eurobeat.

New Features:

• Adds a new online game mode: Multiplayer Time Trial
  • Adds five new tracks in Japan, offering 11 variants in total
    Gameplay Improvements:
  • Makes changes to AI drafting behaviour, .
  • Makes changes to the impact of world collisions whilst driving on a straight, to reduce the amount of drag and speed lost from impact.
  • Adds a new option to Event Settings to race without crowd, track infrastructure and corner flags.
  • Adds the option to browse and register for Multiplayer events via the Social Hub.
  • Windscreen wiper speeds have been changed.
  • A bug with AI car wing mirrors not showing a reflecltion has now been fixed.
  • Disables overscan compensation when playing via Remote Play.
  • Adds a link to the PlayStation®Store to the DRIVECLUB Home menu.
  • Also includes a number of minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.

Photomode Improvements:

• Adds the option to reset damage and remove dirt when taking a photo.
  • Adds the option to permanently hide camera movement controls when accessing Photo Mode.
  • Players can now access Photo Mode while using a steering wheel via R3.
  • Players can now move the camera while OSD is disabled in photo mode.

Add-ons (coming January 27-29):

• Adds support for the Icona Vulcano, coming to PlayStation®Store as a free download later in January.
  • Adds support for the Apex Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium download later in January.
    This Expansion Pack includes the Apex Car Pack and Apex Tour Pack.
  • The Apex Car Pack includes 5 new cars: Enzo Ferrari, Caterham R500 Superlight, Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Centennial Edition, McLaren 650S Coupe, and Jaguar C-X75 Prototype Edition.
  • The Apex Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
  • Adds support for the Sakura Tour Pack, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium download later in January.
  • The Sakura Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
  • Adds support for 2 new livery packs, coming to PlayStation®Store as a premium download later in January. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.

Patch updates from Facebook. I didn’t realize it was a free update.

I said goddamn

Driveclub “Apex” DLC out tomorrow, new tour/cars

[quote]This Expansion Pack includes the Apex Car Pack and Apex Tour Pack.

The Apex Car Pack includes 5 new cars:
Enzo Ferrari
Caterham R500 Superlight
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Centennial Edition
McLaren 650S Coupe
Jaguar C-X75 Prototype Edition

The Apex Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.

Apex Expansion Pack is included in the Season Pass, or available to purchase separately for £4.99/€5.99/AU$8.95/US$5.99.[/quote]

New Lamborghini expansion coming soon

We’re excited to welcome Lamborghini to #DRIVECLUB! Here’s your first look, let us know what you think!

Veneno
Aventador LP 720-4 50° Anniversario
Huracán LP 610-4
Gallardo LP 570-4 Squadra Corse

Later in March 2015 these four incredible cars will be available as part
of the Lamborghini Expansion Pack along with a new tour dedicated to
the cars and 5 new PSN Trophies.

This Pack is included in the Season Pass and also available to purchase separately from PlayStation Store.

More details and a release date are coming soon.