129 dead in Paris terrorist attacks

Paris (CNN) - On a night when thousands of Paris residents and tourists were reveling and fans were enjoying a soccer match between France and world champion Germany, horror struck in an unprecedented manner. Terrorists – some with AK-47s, some reportedly with bombs strapped to them – attacked sites throughout the French capital and at the stadium where the soccer match was underway.

A total of six locations were attacked in and just outside the capital, Paris prosecutor François Molins told reporters Saturday.

At least 153 people were killed in the Paris and Saint-Denis shootings and bombings, French officials said. Saint-Denis is home to the national stadium where the soccer match was being played.

Truly despicable acts of chaos. RIP to all of the dead.

I can’t even begin to imagine what the scene looked like in the concert hall. 100+ people were gunned down. Ugh.

band has confirmed to be safe according to WaPo

Heartbreaking. I dread the coming (over)reaction.

Belgians are such fucking half-wits. And they wonder why we crack jokes about them.

What really does my head in is people leaving Belgium, France or any European country for Turkey then Syria, being noticed by secret services, then allowed to come back or live in nearby countries. C’mon.

awwwww

2 killed: 1 confirmed dead by French prosecutor’s office, woman who blew herself up; 1 more reported dead by AFP, Le Monde, Libération citing police

7 arrests confirmed by French prosecutor’s office: 3 terror suspects, 2 in the near vicinity (reportedly landlords of the apartment) plus two more with an unknown connection

5 police officers lightly injured and 1 police dog killed confirmed by French police

it’s pretty incredible Abdelhamid Abaaoud is in Paris.

As a French citizen, it must be a very tense time. I think I would require therapy if I lived in Paris. I couldn’t deal with the possibility that at any time, a guy might shoot up a restaurant you eat at, or virtually any location. Sure, you could make the point that that can happen anywhere, at any time, but in America at least, because it’s such a large country, and population dense, and also infrastructure dense, that is never a worry to the average American. In a smaller country, like France, the worry increases.

[quote]BREAKING: French prosecutors: suspected mastermind of Paris attacks killed in police raid[/quote] (AP)

Good. Captured alive would have been even better.

I hope European police will continue to crack down on Islamist extremism.

170+ hostages taken at a Radisson hotel in Bamako, Mali

Key Points

• Mali hotel stormed by special forces
  • 170 people had been trapped - 30 freed
  • Three people have been killed, two soldiers injured
  • Indian, French, Chinese, Russian, US and Turkish citizens in hotel

North African jihadist group claims responsibility for hotel attack

The Reuters news agency is reporting that the jihadist group al-Murabitoun has claimed responsibility for the attack on the Radisson Blu hotel in Mali’s capital, Bamako.

It made the announcement on its Twitter account, Reuters says, but the claim could not be verified.

Al-Murabitoun is made up of two groups which broke away from a North African branch of al-Qaeda.

[quote]Mali hotel attack: ‘No more hostages’ after special forces raid

Malian officials say suspected Islamist gunmen have “no more hostages” at a hotel in the capital Bamako.

The Radisson Blu Hotel was stormed by special forces after the gunmen entered the hotel, shooting and shouting “God is great!” in Arabic, and seized 170 people.
The US-owned hotel is popular with foreign businesses and airline crews.

At least three people have been killed and two soldiers wounded, officials say.[/quote]

https://mobile.twitter.com/afp/

sooooooo… basically belgians are fucked

They arrested 16 Belgians. Maybe that will lower the threat.

Interesting.

AP - Brzakovic said for AP that Zastava M92 semi-automatic rifle used in Paris attacks has serial number as one that was part of shipment exported to USA in may 2013.

Zastava rifles were exported to Internet shop Century Arms.

Not as interesting as what is happening with all the arms that are going to Saudi Arabia that the US and UK are selling to them.