RpgN's Backlog Thread

I currently have 422 games in my backlog and by this time tomorrow I will have another dozen from the Steam and iOS sales. Since I started running a backlog thread over at NeoGAF I’ve been buying much fewer games than I did in the past.

Easily over 100. Possibly 150.

I own lots of PS2, PS3, Wii, PSP, DS, and 3DS games, in particular.

i have like five games on backlog

get on my level

I don’t keep a backlog because I know I’d never finish it. I’d eventually give up on trying to maintain it as well.

Arch seems to be the most similar to mine. Honestly…I lost track of my collection and which part of it is backlog. Last time I counted my collection (which might have been 2 or 3 years ago), I was at around 600-700 physical version of games. It’s almost certain that I passed the 1000 mark. When combined with digital games…I’m guessing it should be around 1300. I think half of my collection is considered backlog.

My ‘current’ backlog is consisted of the following games:

Currently Playing

• Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • Etrian Mystery Dungeon 4/12 24/74
  • Infinite Undiscovery estimation: 24-91h

Other Currently Playing (less priority)

• Angry Birds 1802/2715 66%
  • Super Smash Bros Brawl 27%
  • Archibald’s Adventures 172 levels total, 50 done, 122 left
  • Nintendogs+Cats
  • TFF Curtain Call
  • Blazblue
  • PASBR
  • Soul Sacrifice Delta (co-op)
  • Hardcorps Uprising (co-op)
  • Tomb Raider (co-op)

The co-op games are played when I’m with friends. Soul Sacrifice is an exception in certain conditions. After a while, I stop playing on my own in order to not be ahead of my friend.

Holy shit. 700 physical games? I thought I had a lot, lol. Where do you store all those?

From PS+ alone I get 72 new games per year. Then there are the freebies from EA’s Origin store, people giving away parts of Humble bundles they already have, and other promotions. I also buy at least a few games per month. Add these together and it’s easy to end up with a large pile of games.

I see most of the PS+ games as demos. If they aren’t fun I will drop them after 15 minutes. A few games this year (e.g. Broken Age, Rocket League, Grow Home, Transistor, and Rogue Legacy) have been fantastic and then I’ll try to reach the end credits.

Do you now understand why I have been stressing about my backlog :confounded:

I keep them all in my room. There is still space left, but it’s getting a bit full here.

Do you still post on GAF? I made a new backlog thread there today. You’re welcome to participate.

Most of my backlog is in my old apartment so I don’t have to see it.

I was in your shoes some years back, then before my aunt visited from Greece, she was going to sleep in my room, so we completely cleaned up my room, and painted the walls. I was going to sleep in the basement while she was staying at our house. All my games that I had in storage containers were in my room’s closet. I could hardly close the closet. :laughing: I brought all those storage totes filled with games down into the basement where they’re at now. It’s better that way now because I’ve also labelled each one by console. I bring up a small stack of games that I plan on playing.

Your thread seems to be decent. It’s a good way to see a comparison between the games bought in a year and the games completed.

I might join…but I would be already failing miserably for buying more games than usual in January…