Movies seen over the weekend

Binged Hellsing Ultimate. Still great, just bummed it took so long for them to finish OVA IX & X.

Rewatching Neon Genesis Evangelion on Netflix. It’s funny how I went from liking this series to hating this series and back again.

I gotta say if they pull off the recursive time loop thing with this last movie then fucking bravo.

It all returns to nothing.

I felt a ton of sympathy towards the character of Joker. It was well written but Phoenix gave it the full beans. This was fresh.

I’m watching the second seasons of Doom Patrol and The Umbrella Academy. Both are great.

Last night’s episode of UA had an hilarious scene in broken Swedish, probably written by Google Translate and verified by nobody. It’s weird because the Swede assassins all have typical Swedish appearance (apart from the bleached hair).

Quite like UA but weirdly could never get in to DP.

DP gets a little while to really get going

I also watched a couple of episodes of Stargirl, but that seems targeted at a younger audience. I will probably not revisit it.

★★★☆☆ / Would’ve been a different movie if Ken read Mein Kampf instead of random horse books

★★☆☆☆ / A megalodon in a trench. I don’t know what I expected

Corner Office (2022)
★★★☆☆ - I like the idea more than the implementation. Most of the movie is the main character’s inner monologue.

Been meaning to watch that. Danke.

★★★★☆ / No matter what they told you in school, Miles Morales was Japanese

★★★★☆ / Now I am become Nolan, the destroyer of subwoofers