Nintendo NX will launch in March 2017

It better be a slick handheld this time. I want a Vita type design.

No BC is bullshit. I’m trying to have less consoles hooked up, not more, moving forward.

Carts or cards? I consider 3DS cards. A cart is like, a half pound piece of plastic you shove into another larger piece of plastic—

I don’t think they will be much larger than a 3DS card. You don’t need much physical space to store 64 or 128 GB of data.

Oh dear. In 2017.

Compared with the 3DS it is quite nice. Compared with the Wii U it is disappointing.

Inclined to say that Nintendo has now abandoned the home console market entirely.

This is barely lip service, given you can stream damn near anything to a big TV these days.

Their last two home consoles have been great for social games. They might want to retain that market. I’m sure they can come up with creative ways to use the portable NX screen and the detachable controllers together with a large TV.

If they do this right, they will have my attention.

I couldn’t care less about the best graphics. It would be neat to have one system for handheld and console gaming while the performance is not compromised. This might solve the drought of Nintendo games with the focus on 1 system.

If they manage to have a real account system, can get third party ports like FFXV, avoid shitty gimmicks and release more ambitious games again, then I might consider getting it. I hope Nintendo doesn’t screw this up.

Seems like this might actually use a custom Nvidia Pascal GPU which could potentially be good times.

Worried about the controller situation tho.

Having just bought a New 3DS I’m pretty unimpressed by the overall quality of the controls.

I used to get cramps from using the DS Lite. The 3DS XL feels a lot better in my hands.

I hate hate hate hate where they put the stylus for the New3ds. The regular 3ds had it on the right hand side, where you could very easily take it out, put it back, or hold on to it while resting the stylus in the relief of the hole. Putting it on the bottom was a garbage move.