GT SPORT

My brain is slowly waking up to the realisation that I’ll be playing some new GT in like 8 months. And it is excited.

The jump in material and texture quality is mental

Polyphony revamped their site. The GT Sport background video on the homepage has extended footage from the trailer.

Sales data updated to September 2015 :

New trailer today?

Yep yep

Neogaf: New trailer and Info on GT Sports coming in May 19

<br

Wow, that’s a lot of marketing for a product that doesn’t have a release date.

This event is more in-depth that I thought it would be. I’m a happy chap.

Summary:

• Release date 15th november
  • Arcade Mode
  • Campaign
  • Brand Central
  • Sport Mode
  • Social Features
  • Scapes
  • Livery editor
  • 137 cars all with interior view
  • 19 locations, 27 layouts
  • 117 offline events campaign + driving school
  • Online to be main part with monthly schedule
  • Players clustered in divisions onlines

That’s way more content than I expected.

DRIVING

Real ≠ Difficult

Real physics makes it easier to drive

Do you feel that driving a simulator is difficult, more difficult than driving a real-life car? Well, your opinion is about to change because we refined our physics to offer a better sense of control that honestly conveys the player’s input.

In the same way you drive a real car, you will be able to control the vehicle represented in the game with increased depth to the controls. While it’s based on the principles of the very first Gran Turismo, the new physics engine has evolved significantly, making it suited for beginners and experts alike.

The joy of improving and advancing for everyone

The Campaign Mode of Gran Turismo Sport is a large scale offline content that provides a hands-on experience to allow even beginners to learn driving skills from scratch. They will eventually improve to a level where they can participate in major race events.

Beginner’s School

From basic skills such as hitting the brakes and how to turn into a corner, fundamentals can be learned from the bottom up, which will prove invaluable for newcomers to driving games.

Mission Challenge

As you work your way through short missions, you will automatically pick up fundamental driving skills without even realising it. In the end, you will have a level of skill that will allow you to participate in major race events.

Circuit Experience

Through actual experience on a race track, you will step into the true world of high-performance driving. Use the knowledge of track layouts learned in the mission challenges to pick up the basics of how to conquer a race track.

Race Etiquette

In online, as well as real races, etiquette on the track is as important as performance. Learn the rules of etiquette and sportsmanship that’s required in all player-vs-player races. Even if you’re not a top driver with lots of confidence in your skills, you will still have plenty of fun because each player will be matched fairly with people of their own level for fair and equal online racing.

LIVERY EDITOR

Recreating liveries of existing race cars

Gran Turismo Sport is equipped with a “Livery Editor” that enables players to customise the livery of their vehicles, or even recreate the livery of their favourite racecars.

The created design can be shared between players. Surprise your friends with your originality and level of artistry.

<br

<br

<br

<br
SCAPES

Travel the world with Scapes

The new world of photography introduced by Gran Turismo

“Scapes” is a new generation Photo Mode for Gran Turismo themed on “Travel”, offering an amazingly attractive technology that may change the world of car photography as we know it.

As though you were travelling the world yourself, there are over 1000 locations of “Scapes” stages that will be offered to the player, in which you can place cars of your choice into the stage and photograph them.

<br

<br

<br

Before/After

<br

<br

<br

<br

<br

LICENCE

You can acquire a real motorsport license: the “FIA Gran Turismo Digital Licence”

The FIA Gran Turismo Digital Licence

By fulfilling various prerequisites, such as completing the lessons in racing etiquette in the Campaign Mode of Gran Turismo Sport and reaching a certain level of achievement in “Sport Mode”, you will be eligible for the “FIA Gran Turismo Digital Licence” from your local ASN (national sports authority/automobile club). This will hold the same value as a real life licence.

As of May 2016, 22 countries/regions have expressed their wishes to participate in this program. We will announce the final list of participating regions, conditions, fees and procedures at a later date.

The hyperbole is real.

Engine sounds are actually quite good (in bonnet view at least). Tyre squealing is classic GT1 stuff. No change there I’m afraid.

ALSO: Launching with PSVR support.

Please be excited.

Still haven’t tried VR.

Come over my house brah

<br

<br

<br

<br

<br

<br

<br

<br