Dragon Quest XI

I’m honestly not expecting either to make it here.

Developers are Orca (PS4) and Toy Logic (3DS).

Gameplay on the PS4?!

At least the PS4 is region free.

They’re going to show 3ds gameplay too.

The 3DS version is also impressive. I really like the look of the combat.

Yes, it doesn’t look half-assed at all. Really happy about how it looks. Also I’m really impressed that you can switch between between 2D and 3D mode with battles and towns and everything. A great anniversary feature.

The character they showed also looks good, more original than that DQMJ3 character.

The presentation just ended. My top list is as follows:

1. DQXI = Both versions look great. I’m surprised they showed this much with us today. It’s going to be more painful if they don’t get a release for the rest of the world.
  2. DQMJ3 = Although I am disappointed that they didn’t talk or show much of it, I know what to expect. It’s a game I am certainly going to be content with.
  3. DQ Builder = This comes as a surprise with how fun and good it looks. It’s on my radar after this presentation.
  4. DQ Heroes II = Another title they didn’t show much of but DQH I didn’t look bad at all. I expect this to be good too.

Overall this was a worthy presentation to follow, worthy of the hype, despite the boring segments between. And now it’s time to sign off quickly!

Huh. Interesting use of the second screen I guess, at least up until a battle happened.

Apparently you can choose graphics mode. The lower screen will be used for menus.

Niceeeeeeee

Picking that up on 3DS for sure

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/07/30/rumor-is-the-hero-of-dragon-quest-xi-the-villain-of-the-original-game

Seems a bit far-fetched.

The 3DS version seems to be close to complete while the PS4 version is still a bit early.

I wonder if it would be possible to use the second screen for stats and switch between modes, not always 2 modes at the same time.

I believe that will be possible.

Fuck man i sure could use this as an excuse to buy a N3DS…

I can’t imagine that they’re selling well with almost no exclusives for it. I’m picking one up when they are clearing them out. I paid next to nothing for my 2DS.

They don’t really need exclusives, og 3DS is out of business.